1) We are the only studio in Alberta that teaches Kathak, Bharatanatyam, Bollywood, Bhangra, Lyrical Contemporary South Asian Dance, and Indo Hip Hop Fusion all under one roof with trained instructors.
2) Our instructors have won several Edmonton Arts Council (EAC) / City of Edmonton Grants / awards and other honours and medals.
3) Our Artistic Director is a noteable community member with several accomplishments under her belt including the prestigious Top 40 Under 40 award, and our Board of Directors join us with a high level of achievement and strong connection to the performing arts.
4) We don't just teach dance skills at SAAM, but life skills. Ashley Anjlien Kumar, the founder is a certified Wisdom Coach(TM) For Kids, and a Certified Life Coach. She is committed to empowering women and girls to help them achieve high self-confidence and high self-esteem.
4) Our focus is #NotJustEntertainment, but #RealArt, with a goal of boosting both the South Asian Arts and South Asian Artists in Edmonton and across Canada. Our focus is to not only build dance skills in our students, but LIFE SKILLS, while imparting a cultural connection and encouraging diversity and acceptance in our goal to reach the mainstream with our art forms.
...Join the Movement.